athletic Andrew

Thursday morning I got the opportunity to do something I've never done. I photographed a champion swimmer. Although the photography was pretty similar to golf swing sequence photography, swimming as a sport photography seems way more fun - probably because Andrew was so into it, asking me for images of specific parts of his swimming stroke, and asking questions about photography. I learned the difference between a butterfly and a breaststroke, and why coming way up out of the water (for a good image) is bad technique... This 15 year old was super polite and really cool. Do the kids even use the word "cool" these days, or is it uncool for me to use the word 'cool'? Good lord, I am old. None-the-less, here are a few of my favorite images of this cool young athlete.
off of the block
click for larger image
click for larger image
my favorite